Built in 1935 this original and charming brick and sandstone Californian bungalow residence occupying a street-to-farm landholding embraces all of the stunning architectural features of the time –filled with classical charm reminiscent of that period.
• 3 large bedrooms, 2 generous living areas, shared main bathroom, kitchen complete with woodstove and adjoining sunny dining overlooking the rear yard and cane fields.
• Period features – 10 foot high ornate plaster ceilings, picture rails, leadlight windows, hardwood timber floors, wide timber verandahs, fret work … and more.
• Modern additions - solar power, gas cooking or heating along with ducted air conditioning.
• Situated on 7,579m2 (just under 2 acres) in the village Harwood on the banks of the Clarence River.
• Large separate garage and workshop, freestanding storage plus external laundry with extra bathroom.
• Edible gardens based on the principles of permaculture with chook/duck/geese enclosure, sheep run (for the obvious), fenced yards and open paddocks to water course.
• Within a 100 metre radius of the rural store, takeaway café and post office, riverside playground, primary school, childcare centre and most importantly the Harwood Hotel (hardly surprising as this residence was built by the McLachlan family who owned the then Morpeth Hotel).
• Little over an hours drive to Coffs Harbour and Ballina-Byron airports
If your preference is for homes with character in a quiet, picturesque village setting just a 15 minute drive from Yamba and the coast, you’re going to love 18 Morpeth St Harwood!
DISCLAIMER: Whilst First National Yamba has taken every precaution to establish accuracy of information in marketing, all relevant checks and searches are to be carried out by any prospective purchaser to verify the information provided.
- Built in Robes
- Hot Water Solar
- Fully Fenced
- Ducted Cooling
- Ducted Heating
- Solar Panels
- Victor 42" Ride-on Mower
- Wood Stove
- External Gas Kitchen
- Assorted fruit trees
- Chook pens